Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Eating Out


Being students this year and living with student loans is really a drag... Ok, it's not THAT bad, but it has put a damper on our ability to eat out:) Here's the thing... everything tastes better if I don't make it. That's not a slam to my abilities, I can make some mean asian cuisine, among other things... However, the fact that I didn't have to "slave over the hot stove" makes it taste better:) Don't you think?
     Well, lucky me (and Ben); We were able to go on a lunch date to Elephant Bar, which happens to be about a mile from our house and the result is.... (drumroll please... ) I'm in L-O-V-E! Ok, first off, the place was carpeted in leopard print- who doesn't love that? It reminded me of a chic restaurant in Vegas, not trashy, chic! Beyond the ambiance, the menu had over 10 ITEMS that I would order! That's amazing! I'm not picky, but I am a bit of a foodie, and a health foodie too. I love that this menu offers everything that comes with rice to come with brown rice as an alternative. ALSO- my dish- Cashew Shrimp something... had only about 1/2 cup of brown rice, so it wasn't super carb-y. It had almost a POUND of shrimp, though. AND we're not just talking shrimp, but fresh, tender NON CHEWY shrimp. I'm in LOVE with Ben, but may have to make room in my heart for that SHRIMP!
     Anyway, if you see an Elephant Bar, I've heard some in Colorado aren't that good, but the one in Peoria ROCKS! Let me know what you think...

Oh, Ben's meal was good too, but my was clearly the WINNER!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Elephant Bar in Burlingame, small town outside of San Francisco! It had all of our dreams put together! The food was awesome and the atmosphere matched! There is an elephant bar here in Las Vegas I heard but the one up there was just magical!

    ReplyDelete