Sunday, January 3, 2010

Toys and the Winter Let Down

Ok, once again... I need some HELP! It seems that Santa was extra generous this year and brought WAY more toys than we ever needed. Ok, so grandparents and aunts and uncles and friends helped (thank you) but now what? We had some friends over for dinner tonight and their kids, along with Ike, really did a number on his room:) While I'm glad they could entertain themselves for a couple of hours while we hung out like real adults (doesn't happen very often!) I wish that there wasn't SUCH a mess to clean up afterwards. I actually felt a little embarassed that they could pull so much out and that our friends had to help for 15 minutes while we all put things back together... So, what do we do? The kids love all their toys. AND the likelihood of us getting any other new toys before next Christmas is very slim... I'm thinking about putting some away and rotating (just like at the Open School). I just hope I remember to rotate them! Any other suggestions? I would hate to donate them all to starving Ethiopian children, but I'm trying to think of something here!!

Also, we are now officially entering the winter let down. Festivities are over. Decorations are coming down and Ben's back into school full swing tomorrow morning... Ugghh. I don't remember what it was like to be on our normal schedule and I'm not sure I want to go back to the way things were... We'll see... I feel like I need something else to be excited about soon:) Maybe I have seasonal depression, but it certainly can't be from lack of sunlight. I live in Phoenix for Pete's sake!

1 comment:

  1. We do a rotation at our house - and it works pretty well. Ainsley will remind me if she has not seen a particular toy in a while and she helps me put up the ones she currently has down and then she gets 'new' toys. Seems to work well - now we do have several toys that always stay down, being her favorites and all.

    ReplyDelete